Back in the days, the healthcare profession was more institute-centered rather than people-centered. However, the paradigm of healthcare professionals sharply shifted to a more patient-centered approach. This was especially the case in the sporting arena. If you are in the healthcare industry, it’s important for you to also align yourself with this sort of mindset. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- Always engage with the staff and patients even during the night shifts just to check how each patient is doing.
- Get feedback from both the staff and patients to see how you and the institute as a whole can improve
- Get to know the families of your patients and maybe have lunch with them just to understand their needs
- Take time to expound on any questions that the patient or the family members of the patient may have
- Listen to what matters to the patient and take note of the fears surrounding the patient
- For doctors, do a regular evaluation of the staff to see who has adapted to the more people-centric approach and who needs more training
- Center the healthcare plans around the individual needs of the patient and the needs of the family members